I'm new at this. Really, I am. I've only been at this gluten free diet for 7 months or so. So most of my experimenting has happened in that time period. Most of the recipes posted on this blog have been found on another gluten free blog somewhere and then tweaked as necessary. I've been pretty brave with my experimenting, tampering with fresh pasta and ravioli. But I can't quite bring myself to meander into the bread world. Yet. But if you are aching for fresh gluten free bread, don't wait on me! Below is a list of my favourite gluten free blogs. These are the sites that I most often go to when I want a new recipe - they have WAY more experience with gluten free cooking and baking than I do! So add them to your reading list! When you want to try a new recipe, check out my blog and check out theirs also! Choose one that makes sense to YOU. Read the description. Try new things! Avoid pre-mixed flour blends from the store, and don't be afraid of the fact that you will have a plethora of different flour types in your pantry. It's worth it.
1. Gluten Free Girl - She is a writer, married to a chef, and has been a celiac since 2005. She has a bit of everything on her blog. She's also written a cookbook.
2. The Baking Beauties - She's written a cookbook called "The Everything Guide to Living Gluten Free". She has recipes under every food category, and LOTS of bread recipes.
3. Celiac Teen - Nineteen year old chef and blogger. Lots of experience and great recipes! Here I finally found a delicious biscuit recipe that melts in your mouth.
4. Gluten Free Goddess - Everything under the sun and great descriptions for her flour choices. She has some strong opinions on which flours you should an should not use, but she has years of experience under her belt.
5. Simply Gluten Free - Television chef Carol Kicinski. 20 years gluten free. Develops her own recipes. Awesome blog.
Other recommended bloggers: (I haven't tried these sites, but I think I will soon!)
6. Elana's Pantry - Two gluten free cookbooks
7. Gluten Free Mommy - Family friendly gluten free
8. Gluten Free Day - quoted as a "must read blog"
9. Hey, That Taste's Good! - Gluten free doesn't mean taste free
10. Gluten Free Gobsmacked - I just discovered a recipe for garlic-parmesan pull apart bread on this website... drool!